About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Revista Política, Globalidad y Ciudadanía is a scientific journal on Political Science and International Relations (Social Sciences) that promotes the exchange, dissemination and transfer of knowledge in the field, with emphasis on the area of Politics; for this purpose, it is based on the political reality of Latin America and the rest of world. It relies on the quality of scientific production considering systematics and rigor; it uses the Double Blind Review methodology in its peer review process; it publishes original articles, results of research projects and literature reviews under the guidelines of the publishing standards of the American Psychological Association (APA), sixth edition.
Revista Política, Globalidad y Ciudadanía welcomes the good practices of the Committee on Publication Ethics; it is edited semi-annually, January-June and July-December, and it is distributed since 2015 under the support of the Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo León , in electronic format in Open Access. It spreads its work in Spanish and English and it is addressed to the scientific community in Politics, mainly to researchers and teachers who deal with the field of Political Science and international Relations.
It is a publication that is published in the Faculty of Political Science and International Relations of the Autonomous University of Nuevo León, Mexico, with funds from the public education institution itself, in addition, it does not charge any type of fee for processing or sending materials.
- International Trade and Business
- Political Communication
- International Regional Studies
- Educational Management and Politics
- Energy Management and Sustainability
- University Governance
- Citizen Participation and Human Rights
Peer Review Process
Application and Reception of an Article: This stage begins with the submission of the article by the author through the Open Journal Systems (OJS) platform. The author must send the article in Word format, along with his curriculum vitae. Once the article is applied, the reception of the article and the acknowledgment of receipt are automatically made.
Prior Editorial Review: Editors will evaluate the applied articles and determine if they are within the scope of the journal in a maximum of 72 hours from receipt. In this phase, a review of the editorial quality and the contribution to the knowledge of the applied article is made. Its structure (form and content) is reviewed, verifying that the publishing standard of the American Psychological Association (APA) is complied with. If the applied article does not comply with the established editorial criteria, the author will be notified of the editorial decision; if, on the contrary, the article exceeds the prior review stage, it is immediately reviewed by peers.
Peer Review: This evaluation is done under the modality of double-blind method, that is, the article will be sent in complete anonymity. In this stage, two reviewers’ experts in the subject, based on the editorial policies, and taking into account an evaluation format, analyze the assigned article. The reviewers will have a period of fifteen (15) days to carry out their corresponding review. Once the evaluators issue their concept, the main author is informed. If the article is not accepted by the peers, the main author is communicated subtly. If the article is accepted with some suggestions, the anonymous evaluation is sent to the author to make the corresponding adjustments.
Editorial Review (after pairs): The editor will verify thoroughly that the authors have made the corrections suggested by the peer.
Style Review: Once the editor has verified that the corrections have been made, the article will be sent to style correction. In this stage, the proofreader will be responsible for checking aspects of writing composition and text style.
Translation: After the style correction, the article is sent to an expert in the second language in order to translate the abstract and the keywords.
Layout (Edition): This stage seeks to guarantee the aesthetic appearance of the article adapting spaces, typography and colors.
Final Editor Review: The publisher grants final approval.
Publication: The articles are in the final stage of the process and they are ready to be published.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Also, the OAI-PMH protocol (Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting) is used https://revpoliticas.uanl.mx/index.php/RPGyC/oai
Research Ethics Standards
- The editorial team must perform its editorial functions based on good scientific publishing practices, promoting transparency, originality, integrity and quality of all publications.
- It must adopt measures for the detection of plagiarism, self-plagiarism, fraud by falsification or data manipulation of data, redundant or duplicate publication.
- The editor is fully responsible for what it is published in the journal; he/she should base his/her decisions on the validity of the work and the importance it has for readers; therefore, he/she is free to express his/her opinions, derived from the review of the articles, critically but responsibly and respectfully.
- Decisions to accept or reject an article for publication must be objective and based only on the importance, originality and clarity of the object of study.
- He/she must maintain a cordial and respectful communication with the members of the editorial team, scientific and editorial committees, authors and reviewers.
- He/she must encourage responsible behavior and discourage bad editorial practices.
- He/she must act as guarantor of the confidentiality of the information contained in the manuscripts received and in the evaluation comments.
- He/she must provide updated information on the authorship criteria following the international ethical standards of publication.
- He/she must take corrective action in case of plagiarism or other misconduct.
- He/she must inform the authors if the article will be admitted to the peer evaluation process.
- He/she can remove out published articles in case of a proven practice.
- Authors must be commited to the ethical and responsible development of their research.
- Their research work must be produced by themselves, unpublished and original. They should not be plagarised self-plagarised.
- They must provide their personal information correctly.
- The articles must be coherent with the content of the work, that is, the identified research problem must correspond to the objectives, the methodology, the results and the conclusions of the article.
- They must send in a transparent and original way all the documentation required by the publishing team
- They must provide permits if resources of other authors’ resources were used (images, etc.).
- They must confirm that the proposal of the manuscript has not been sent to another journal.
- They agree on declaring any possible conflict of interest.
- The reviewers must adopt an integral position when evaluating the articles; the review must be objective considering the content of the work.
- The reviewers’ decisions must be based on accuracy and scientific quality.
- Their comments should always be stated respectfully regarding the author’s work.
- They should inform the editor if they detect similarity between the work they are reviewing and any other published article, or if they are aware of a similar work under review.
- The reviewers will not have access to the author’s personal information, nor will they be able to ask for information about him/her.
- They must send the evaluations in time and according to the journal’s requirements.
Revista Política, Globalidad y Ciudadanía copyright belongs to the Research Coordination of the School of Political Science and International Relations of the Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon.
The Political, Globality and Citizenship Magazine is under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License, in this sense, the authors retain the copyright and the recognition of their authorship. Also, it can be shared (copied and redistributed) in any format as long as it is requested with the prior authorization of the author, the authorship and original source of the publication are cited. Finally, the published material cannot be used for commercial purposes.
Address: Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, School of Political Science and International Relations, Praga & Trieste, Col. Residencial las Torres, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico. CP 64930. http://www.facpoliticas.uanl.mx/
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org
Once an article has been accepted for publication, the author (s) transfers the copyright to Revista Política, Globalidad y Ciudadanía.
Declaration of conflicts of interest
The authors will not evidence conflicts arising from any type of commercial or other institutional association, in relation to what it is disclosed in the article. That is, giving negative concepts or judging in a very positive way what it is published due to personal interests, academic competences, or intellectual passion.
Authors who submitt research articles, review articles, and reviews to Revista Política, Globalidad y Ciudadanía, must guarantee that their procedures and methodologies conform to the ethical publishing codes whose guarantee will be included in the format acceptance or commitment of assignment of patrimonial rights of author and declaration of conflict of interest, which will be requested jointly with the sending of the article for its preliminary revision, making the authors fully responsible for unethical, discriminatory, offensive, aggressive practices, among others; in those that may have incurred within the research from which the article derives.
In the same way, the author is obliged to report any conflict of interest that his work may have, if this is the case. The person who sends the manuscript for publication will be identified as the guarantor of the work as a whole and communication will be established with him/her during the editing process.
Revista Política, Globalidad y Ciudadanía is governed by the rules of the Intellectual Property World Organization, which governs Mexico through the Federal Law of Copyright. For this reason, all articles submitted to the journal will be subject to verified using anti-plagiarism software.
Digital preservation policies
The política, globalidad y ciudadanía journal uses the LOCKSS system for preserving its digital files to create a tool of distributed file among collaborating libraries, which allows them to create permanent files of the journal for conservation and restoration purposes.
The política, globalidad y ciudadanía journal belongs to the PKP Preservation Network (PKP Preservation Network PKP PN), which allows preserving the authentic original digital version of the content of the magazines published in the Open Journal System OJS. Also, it is attached to the digital newspaper library of the Autonomous University of Nuevo León at the following link: https://hemerotecadigital.uanl.mx/collections/show/417. In addition, the Autonomous University of Nuevo León performs continuous backups of its servers through the monthly computer center.
The article’s publication that coincides in content and structure with another previously published work in magnetic media or on paper, without granting credit to the initial source, constitutes an ethical violation to the publication standards Revista Política, Globalidad y Ciudadanía. Under the following situations:
Complete reproduction of a previously published article, joining two or more articles to produce another one, use of the sample of an original article reporting different results, as of new data to a preliminary article, use of part of the samples of a study with the same results and different samples and results of the original article.
Frequency of Publication
Revista Política, Globalidad y Ciudadanía is published semi-annually, January to June and July to December.
Type of Accepted Articles
The authors can apply three types of articles to Revista Política, Globalidad y Ciudadanía: Original containing results of scientific and technological research projects, literature reviews and reviews.
Scientific and Technological Research Articles: Documents that include thorough original results of completed research projects. The structure contains title, summary, abstract, introduction, method, results, discussion, conclusions and references. It must submit 30 references preferably quoting other articles from scientific journals, which must be mentioned within the document. A scientific article is a written and published report that describes original research results.
Review Articles: Resulting documents from research that analyze, systematize and integrate the findings of published or unpublished research on a field in science and technology in order to justify for progress and developmental trends. It features a careful literature review of at least 50 references.
Reviews: Resulting document from the critical review of literature on a particular topic.
The política, globalidad y ciudadanía journal in 2020 received 23 articles, approved 83% and rejected 17%.
Functions of the Publishing and Scientific Committee
For its operation, the journal has a publishing committee and a scientific one made up of national and international researchers. The role of these committees is to draw the policy and strategy of the journal in order to achieve a significant position in the scientific community of Political Science and to ensure the quality of the work it publishes.
It is the body made up of renowned teachers-researchers in the area of Political Science and International Relations, with institutional affiliation in Mexico and extensive research experience. Its function in the first instance consists of advising the editor-in-chief and co-editor in the editorial management of the journal, as well as evaluating its performance and formulating recommendations to improve it.
Its functions are focused on:
- Designing the editorial policy working with the editor-in-chief
- Ensuring compliance with all editorial processes to guarantee the scientific rigor and value of published articles
- Advising on the strategic planning of the journal
- Supporting the allocation of arbitrators
- Verifying and approving the issues published in the editions of the journal
- Approving the main topics
- Making calls for the submission of articles
- Promoting the journal in events, conferences and diffusion spaces
- Proposing topics for special issues
- Suggesting databases for indexing the journal.
- To participate along with the publishing committee in the formulation of editorial policy,
- To advise the editorial committee in the establishment of quality criteria,
- To invite renowned members of international institutions to publish their articles in the journal, and
- To promote journal in events, conferences and dissemination spaces.
The journal is hosted on the Open Journal System platform dedicated to the administration of scientific journals, which is why it integrates the OAI-PMT protocon. Also, it uses the Dublin Core meta tag tagging standard.
Presentation of the Journal
Standards for authors
Instruction for Referes
Article evaluation format
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León - UANL
Sources of Support
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León